How do I prepare for microdermabrasion?
Your surgeon will provide thorough pretreatment instructions, take a detailed medical history, and perform a physical exam to determine your fitness for surgery.
In advance of your treatment, your surgeon may ask you to:
- Stop smoking before undergoing surgery to promote better healing.
- Avoid taking aspirin, certain anti-inflammatory drugs, and some herbal medications that can cause increased bleeding.
- Hydrate before and after surgery for safe recovery.
What can I expect the day of my microdermabrasion?
Be sure to consult with your surgeon before your treatment so you have the most accurate expectations.
- You will likely have your microdermabrasion treatment in an office treatment room.
- On the day of your procedure, you should come with a clean face without makeup or products.
- Most microdermabrasion treatments take thirty minutes to an hour to complete depending on the amount of skin being treated.
- You will be ready to drive home after the procedure.