- Check that your surgeon is board-certified and operates out of an accredited facility. You can find board-certified aesthetic plastic surgeons near you using The Aesthetic Society’s find a surgeon feature.
- Make sure you understand the risks involved with your procedure before booking anything.
- Ask what Covid-19 precautions your surgeon is taking.
- Do the extra homework and take all costs into account if considering plastic surgery abroad.
- See the injectable safety checklist if you are considering injectable treatments.
- Follow all of your surgeon’s instructions pre and post-surgery.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle to minimize your risks and help your recovery.
- Attend all scheduled follow-up visits with your surgeon.
- Minimize scarring by avoiding direct sun exposure and following any other care instructions your surgeon provides.
- Call your surgeon if you have any concerns.
Plastic Surgery Safety Checklist