What is vaginoplasty?
Vaginoplasty is a surgical procedure that tightens muscles inside the vagina.
Some patients combine this procedure with other aesthetic genital procedures such as labiaplasty or vulvaplasty.
Why get vaginoplasty?
Your vagina can change with time, weight fluctuations, pregnancy, injury, and genetics. If you wish to restore a tighter vagina, a vaginoplasty procedure may be right for you.
Vaginoplasty surgery is a great option if you have any of the below concerns:
- Your vaginal structures have changed or stretched due to aging, weight loss, or pregnancies.
- You experience soreness or pain with sexual activity, bicycle riding, or horseback riding.
- The effects of childbirth have led to reduced sensation during intercourse.
- You have discomfort as a result of previous genital surgeries.
- You have stress urinary incontinence.
Below are some of the benefits of vaginoplasty:
- Tighten your vagina canal to the tightness you had in your youth or before pregnancies
- Reduce or eliminate urinary leakage
- Feel more confident wearing clothing, such as bikini bottoms, panties, and tight workout pants
- Increase your sexual satisfaction
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting vaginoplasty?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- You need to be in good general health.
- Bladder injury, hemorrhaging, infection, or loss of sensation might occur.
- You and your partner may need some time to adjust to the new sensations resulting from your tighter vaginal walls.
- If you plan to have children, you may want to postpone your surgery. Pregnancy will stretch your vagina, compromising your surgery results.
- The recovery time is typically 2-4 weeks.