What is tattoo removal?
Laser tattoo removal is a non-invasive procedure that uses a Q-switched laser device to break down the pigment colors of an unwanted tattoo while causing minimal damage to surrounding tissue. Laser tattoo removal often requires multiple laser sessions.
Alternatively, tattoo removal surgery removes the tattoo with one procedure but results in some scarring, is higher risk and less common.
Why get tattoo removal?
If you have an unwanted tattoo that makes you self-conscious or you are unhappy with changes in your tattoo caused by the natural aging of your skin, tattoo removal may be right for you.
Below are some of the benefits of tattoo removal:
- Remove unwanted tattoos
- Get permanent results with minimal side effects and little to no downtime
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting a tattoo removal procedure?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- Tattoo ink lives underneath the top layer of skin, making it difficult to remove, often requiring multiple laser sessions to remove a tattoo or, in some cases, surgical removal.
- You may experience scarring and changes in skin color or texture.
- Your treatment area will likely have a slightly elevated, white discoloration (sometimes accompanied by pinpoint bleeding) immediately following treatment.
- Laser tattoo removal is a non-surgical procedure (no incisions) with little to no downtime.
- Surgical tattoo removal is a surgical procedure (incisions) with minimal downtime.