What is a spider vein treatment?
Sclerotherapy and laser vein therapy are treatments that erase spider veins (visible red or purple blood vessels that have a branching pattern) from your skin.
Why get a spider vein treatment?
Spider veins (not to be confused with varicose veins) are dilated or stretched blood vessels that have a branching pattern and are commonly found on the thigh, lower leg, and occasionally on the face. Spider veins are progressive and usually increase in number and visibility with age. If you have these visible veins and wish to remove them, a spider vein treatment may be right for you.
Below are some of the benefits of spider vein treatments:
- Remove the appearance of spider veins
- Feel more comfortable wearing shorts, skirts, swimwear, and other clothes that expose your legs
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting a spider vein treatment?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- You cannot get a spider vein treatment if you are pregnant or have a history of blood clot formations.
- You will likely need multiple treatments to remove the veins.
- You may have bruising, color changes, and small areas of scarring where the sclerotherapy or laser treatment was performed.
- You may need to wear support stockings following your treatment to help keep treated veins closed and reduce bruising.
- Sclerotherapy and laser treatments are safe, time-proven procedures that cause very little or no discomfort.
- There is no downtime. Patients can immediately resume work and almost all normal activities.