How long does it take to recover from microdermabrasion?
Your surgeon will let you know how long it will be before you can return to your normal level of activity and work. Your surgeon will also give you and your caregiver detailed instructions to follow after your treatment, including information about:
- Typical symptoms you will experience
- Potential signs of complications
It is vital that you follow all the patient care instructions your surgeon provides. It is also important to know that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals.
What can I expect during my microdermabrasion recovery?
- The major benefit of microdermabrasion is that there are minimal side effects and downtime.
- The suction and exfoliation might cause some mild swelling and redness on your skin, depending on your sensitivity.
- After applying a moisturizer with SPF, your skin should soon normalize. You can apply makeup and return to your normal daily activity.
- As with most noninvasive procedures, you should wait twenty-four hours before doing extremely strenuous exercise.
- You should always wear sunscreen outside to protect your skin from harmful UV rays to extend your results.
- If you have extreme or long-lasting pain or notice redness and swelling, contact your surgeon to find out if your symptoms are normal or a sign of a problem.