What is eyelid surgery?
Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) is a procedure that tightens and lifts sagging eyelid skin.
Why get eyelid surgery?
Eyelid surgery may be right for you if you have any of the following: excess skin on your eyelids, loose skin hanging down over your eyelashes, puffy eyes, dark circles or bags under your eyes, or your eyes look tired and aged.
Below are some of the benefits of eyelift surgery:
- Eliminate puffiness on your upper lids or bags under your lower lids
- Increase your visual fields if you have overhanging eyelids
- Look more youthful and less tired
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting eyelid surgery?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- You need to be in good general health.
- You’ll likely experience bruising and swelling, and your eyes may be dry and itchy following the procedure.
- It will take time to see the results after surgery.
- If you have drooping eyebrows or creases in your forehead, you may want to pair your eyelid surgery with a brow lift.
- The recovery time is typically around two weeks.