What is laser skin resurfacing?
Laser skin resurfacing is a procedure that helps reverse the damaging effects of sun exposure, aging and lifestyle habits, improving the quality, color, and texture of your skin on your face, neck, chest, or hands.
Why get laser skin resurfacing?
Aging, drinking, smoking, sun exposure, and genetics can cause facial lines and skin damage. If you want to address skin damage on your face, neck, chest, or hands, laser skin resurfacing may be right for you.
Laser skin resurfacing is a great option if you have any of the below concerns:
- Your skin is leathery and sun-damaged.
- You have wrinkling around your eyes and skin laxity in your lower eyelid area.
- You have vertical wrinkles around your mouth.
- You have irregular changes in your skin color, such as sun spots, blotchiness or brown spots.
- You have scars that have made the surface of your skin uneven.
- You have certain precancerous skin growths.
Below are some of the benefits of laser skin resurfacing:
- Get smoother and tighter skin
- Achieve long-lasting improved skin quality and texture
- Minimize the appearance of scars, wrinkles, and skin spots
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting laser skin resurfacing?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- Abnormal healing with scarring and pigment changes are possible.
- The treatment may exacerbate skin disorders, including allergic reactions or cold sores.
- Wrinkles will eventually reappear and you’ll likely need additional treatments to maintain your results.
- Your recovery will depend on the technique and depth of your treatment.