What is perspiration reduction?
Perspiration reduction treatments help reduce your sweat output and odors caused by sweating.
Why get perspiration reduction?
Excessive sweating, or hyperhidrosis, can be an embarrassing medical condition that affects your personal and professional life, making it challenging to perform certain tasks and wear certain types of clothing. If you want to reduce your sweat output and discomfort, perspiration reduction may be right for you.
Perspiration reduction treatments are a great option if you have any of the below concerns:
- Antiperspirant and deodorant do not reduce sweating or odors caused by sweating.
- You feel self-conscious, alter your behavior, or dress consistently to accommodate your sweating.
- You have trouble gripping objects securely (like a knife or musical instrument).
- You sweat through what you are wearing and have to change your clothing or socks several times a day.
- You feel dehydrated after excessive sweating.
Below are some of the benefits of a perspiration reduction treatment:
- Reduce your sweat output
- Minimize sweat odor
- Feel more comfortable in professional or social situations
- Grasp objects securely without fear of losing grip
- Expand your clothing options
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting perspiration reduction?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- You need to be in good general health.
- Botulinum toxin injections may need to be repeated every seven months to two years.
- Laser treatments are permanent but could require follow-ups.
- Some treatments only work on certain parts of the body (such as the armpits).
- The recovery time varies by treatment. Recover can range from minimal downtime to a couple of weeks.