What are fillers?
Fillers are a minimally invasive aesthetic medicine used to add volume, alter the contours of the face, and fill in wrinkles. Common filler injection areas include the face, neck, and hands. Dermal fillers are among the most popular aesthetic procedures because they provide immediate results, minimal risks, and little recovery time.
Why get fillers?
If you are looking for a minimally invasive solution to address wrinkles around your mouth, eyes, or forehead or want to change the contours of your cheeks, jaw or lips, fillers may be right for you.
Below are some of the benefits of fillers:
- Get a fuller, smoother, and more youthful appearance
- Reduce the appearance of deep lines or facial wrinkles around the eyes, brow or mouth
- Enhance the contours of your cheeks or jaw
- Add volume to your lips
- Subtly adjust your results to meet your aesthetic goals
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting fillers?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- Filler injections are quick and usually only require a topical anesthetic.
- Fillers are temporary and require repeat injections to maintain your goal.
- Some people are sensitive to fillers and experience bruising and swelling after their treatment.
- Your results will depend on the experience and qualifications of your surgeon.
- With fillers, you get immediate results with little to no downtime.