What is monsplasty?
Monsplasty, also known as mons pubis reduction, is a procedure that removes excess bulk, and lifts and tightens the skin of your mon pubis (the fatty area right above your labia).
Some patients combine this procedure with a tummy tuck.
Why get monsplasty?
Your mons pubis can change with time, weight fluctuations, pregnancy, and injury. If the area above your vagina is enlarged or sags and you wish to reduce the tissue and tighten the skin, monsplasty may be right for you.
Monsplasty is a great option if you have any of the below concerns:
- You have a bulge or sagging skin in the area above your pubic hair disproportionate to the rest of your body.
- Your body has changed or stretched due to aging, weight fluctuations, or pregnancies (women who received C-sections can sometimes find that their mons pubis looks puffier since the C-section scar can compress the tissue).
- You have tried diet and exercise to reduce your mons pubis without results.
- Your enlarged or sagging mons pubis affects your urination or impacts your sexual satisfaction.
Below are some of the benefits of monsplasty:
- Reduce the size and protrusion of your mons pubis
- Improve the contour of your upper pubic area with minimal scars
- Feel more confident wearing clothing, such as bikini bottoms, panties, and tight workout pants
- Increase your sexual satisfaction
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting monsplasty?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- You need to be in good general health.
- If you plan to have children, you may want to postpone your surgery. Pregnancy will stretch your skin, compromising your surgery results.
- Bleeding or infection might occur.
- The recovery time is typically around two weeks, but you may not be able to engage in physical activities or sexual intercourse for up to four weeks.