What are facial implants?
Facial implants, such as chin implants and cheek implants, augment, reconstruct, or rejuvenate your facial contours.
Why get facial implants?
If you have a weak, receding chin, undefined cheekbones, you lack facial definition or have facial deformities from an injury or congenital condition; facial implants may be right for you.
Below are some of the benefits of facial implants:
- Correct facial asymmetry and deficiencies, especially in the chin, cheek, or jaw
- Enhance the definition and fullness of your cheeks
- Increase the projection of your chin and improve the appearance of your profile
- Strengthen your jawline and distinguish your neck
- Reverse signs of aging by restoring your facial structure’s contour and proportion
- Supplement the lower eyelid (tear trough) area
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting facial implants?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- You need to be in good general health.
- Infection is possible, which could require implant removal.
- You could experience contour abnormalities if your implants shift or become malpositioned.
- Damage to facial nerves and musculature is possible.
- Facial implant procedures are relatively quick and have permanent results.
- There are many alternatives that can alter the structure of your face. Along with facial implants, your aesthetic plastic surgeon might also discuss options such as fat grafting, bone repositioning, bone grafting, and dermal grafting.
- The recovery time is typically around one week.