The Aesthetic Society is a group of the most advanced board-certified plastic surgeons, dedicated to helping you safely become your most beautiful self.
Membership is by invitation only and the requirements are designed to limit membership only to formally trained and experienced plastic surgeons who specialize in aesthetic plastic surgery. Our members don’t just meet the standards in aesthetic plastic surgery, they advance them. They go beyond what’s required, what’s expected, and what’s possible, all because they care deeply about your safety and satisfaction.
Here are all the ways members of The Aesthetic Society will go beyond for you.
BEYOND COSMETIC PLASTIC SURGERY
Did you know any licensed physician can call themselves a cosmetic surgeon? While there are many qualified “cosmetic” plastic surgeons, there are also many unqualified ones. This discrepancy can be confusing, and getting plastic surgery is risky if you are in the wrong hands.
You deserve to get the best possible care from a caring aesthetic plastic surgeon. When you choose an aesthetic plastic surgeon who is a member of The Aesthetic Society, you can rest assured your surgeon has the proper certifications and the highest level of training, expertise, and experience. We go beyond “cosmetic” so you can have a safer experience and a better aesthetic outcome.
Unlike some plastic surgeons, members of The Aesthetic Society go through a vetting process to ensure they are board-certified by accredited boards like the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) in the US*, which requires the highest level of education, training, and experience (see board-certification for more information). But the prerequisites don’t stop there. Members must also submit a minimum number of aesthetic case studies, operate at accredited facilities, participate in continued education, and follow the strictest code of ethics. We conduct this added layer of vetting so you can feel even more confident when choosing an aesthetic plastic surgeon.
BEYOND WHAT’S REQUIRED
The Aesthetic Society has been at the forefront of aesthetic plastic surgery, defying conventions and advancing the field since 1967. For our members, learning doesn’t stop at a degree and board-certification. We provide surgeons with access to the latest training, tools, and techniques so they can perform the most cutting edge and innovative aesthetic procedures safely.
BEYOND THE NIP & TUCK
Aesthetic plastic surgery is more than science; it’s an art. That’s why you need a surgeon who not only has proven surgical skills but also has a refined artistic vision. Members of The Aesthetic Society embody a level of artistry only a select few achieve and are dedicated to delivering results better than you can imagine.
Getting aesthetic plastic surgery is not just a physical transformation; it’s an emotional one too. You need a surgeon who understands this. Our aesthetic plastic surgeons work tirelessly to deliver beautiful results that will help transform your life while also making sure you feel comfortable and confident every step of the way.
To be invited and selected for an Aesthetic Society membership, a plastic surgeon must:
- Be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) or in plastic surgery by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. A plastic surgeon who is not a citizen of the United States or Canada who meets the high professional and ethical standards required for an Aesthetic Society membership may become an Aesthetic Society international member.
- Participate in accredited Continuing Medical Education (CME) to stay current with developments in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery and patient safety
- Document the performance of a significant number and variety of cosmetic surgical cases to demonstrate wide experience
- Be sponsored by two Aesthetic Society member plastic surgeons to help ensure that the applicant’s professional reputation meets the high standards required by The Aesthetic Society
- Adhere to current ethical standards for professional conduct as outlined in the Code of Ethics observed by all Aesthetic Society member surgeons
- Operate in accredited surgical facilities
- Be elected by at least 80% of the Active Membership
If you’d like to check whether your surgeon is a member of The Aesthetic Society or want to search for a surgeon near you, use our find a surgeon feature.