What is nonsurgical fat reduction?
Nonsurgical fat reduction is an aesthetic treatment that addresses small areas of unwanted fat by destroying fat cells. There are currently two types of devices used for nonsurgical fat removal: ultrasound and cold energy (cryolipolysis).
Why get nonsurgical fat reduction?
For some individuals, diet and exercise will never get rid of stubborn pockets of fat. If you have small amounts of unwanted localized fat that do not improve with diet or exercise, nonsurgical fat reduction may be right for you.
Below are some of the benefits of nonsurgical fat reduction:
- Remove unwanted fat from stubborn areas
- Get a slimmer contour in certain areas of your body without undergoing surgery
- Look better in clothes
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting nonsurgical fat reduction?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- You need to be in overall good health.
- You should be in relatively good shape with only small bulges of fat on your abdomen, flanks, back or thighs resistant to diet and exercise.
- Nonsurgical fat reduction is not a weight-loss treatment. If you are generally overweight, this treatment is not for you. Liposuction is probably a better option for larger fat accumulations.
- You may need multiple treatment sessions to produce satisfactory results.
- Ultrasound devices can cause small burns; however, it is extremely rare.
- Contour fullness may occur in the abdomen after cryolipolysis, but this is also rare.
- You may experience temporary redness and numbness after your treatment.
- Weight gain, aging, or pregnancy following nonsurgical fat reduction will negatively affect your results.
- Nonsurgical fat reduction is a non-invasive treatment with little to no downtime and minimal discomfort.