What are calf implants?
Calf implants are implants that increase the size and improve the shape of your calves. In many cases, they make the calf muscles appear more developed.
Why get calf implants?
Even with frequent exercise, some people find that they cannot achieve the calf definition they desire. If you have under-developed calves that don’t improve with exercise or have a muscle imbalance resulting from physical trauma or birth defects, calf augmentation may be right for you.
Below are some of the benefits of calf implants:
- Enhance and reshape the calf
- Add bulk to your calf muscles (usually men)
- Adjust your lower legs to be more anatomically proportionate to your thighs (usually women)
- Add mass and definition to your calves (common with bodybuilders who’ve reached the plateau of calf development with exercise)
- Restore symmetry if one of your calf muscles is smaller than the other or you suffer from a birth defect (such as polio, clubfoot, or spina bifida)
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting a calf implant surgery?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- You need to be in good general health.
- You may experience swelling and discomfort in your lower leg following your surgery, with slight bruising around the incisions.
- Asymmetry may occur if implants move or are displaced.
- The recovery time is typically around four to six weeks, and it can take months to appreciate your full results.