- Follow all the postoperative instructions your aesthetic plastic surgeon provides, including information about wearing compression garments (if needed), emptying and refilling drains (if placed), and cleaning and changing bandages.
- Rest and take it easy.
- While you should not exercise during your recovery, you should get up and walk around to reduce your chances of getting a blood clot.
- Eat a healthy diet. Stick to high-protein, low-sodium foods, including fresh fruits and vegetables, and drink lots of caffeine-free beverages and water. Avoid food and drinks containing salt during your recovery.
- Limit your range of motion. Only reach for items that are easily accessible and ask for help if you need something stored up high or down low.
- Do not bend, lift heavy items or move furniture.
- Avoid cleaning or doing laundry during your recovery.
- Ensure someone else can take care of your kid(s) while you recover (especially if you have children under five years old).
- Do not drive until your aesthetic plastic surgeon says you can.
- Use pillows to prop you up or provide extra support.
- Attend scheduled follow-up appointments with your surgeon.
- Call your surgeon if you ever have any concerns.
- Follow all your surgeon’s instructions around minimizing scarring (avoid direct sunlight, apply a special cream, etc.).
Plastic Surgery Aftercare & Recovery