What are cellulite treatments?
Cellulite happens when pockets of fat bulge against the connective tissue and skin layer. Cellulite commonly appears on a woman’s thighs, buttocks, hips, and love handles and gets worse with age as skin becomes lax and sags. A cellulite treatment reduces the appearance of cellulite. There are various noninvasive and minimally invasive treatments to treat cellulite, but most have temporary results.
Why get a cellulite treatment?
If you want to minimize your cellulite and give your skin a smoother, more youthful appearance, a cellulite treatment may be right for you.
Cellulite treatments are a great option if you have any of the below concerns:
- Your skin has a puckered appearance in areas of fat accumulation
- You are not significantly overweight but have moderate cellulite on your thighs, buttocks, and hips
- You have light-colored skin, on which cellulite tends to be more noticeable
- You have tried various creams, massages, or injectables and have not seen an improvement
Below are some of the benefits of a cellulite treatment:
- Improve the appearance of dimpled cellulite tissues
- Increase your skin’s thickness and elasticity
- Get results that last one year or more
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting a cellulite treatment?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- You need to be in good general health and at a healthy weight.
- Side effects include bruising, swelling, numbness, and mild discomfort.
- With Cellulaze, there is a possibility of fluid leakage from incision sites.
- Nonsurgical treatments are relatively new to the market and can be costly.
- The recovery time is typically around one to two days.