- Determine what changes you’d like to make to your appearance and why.
- Create a free Aesthetic Society patient account so you can save relevant articles, heart photos, track your surgeon search, set up a consultation, and more.
- Read through our resources to get a better understanding of what’s involved with getting plastic surgery.
- Browse procedures, before & after photos, and patient stories.
- Know what qualifications to look for in an aesthetic plastic surgeon.
- Make sure you understand the risks associated with plastic surgery.
- Make lifestyle changes if needed (quit smoking, reduce alcohol consumption, lose weight, etc.).
- Understand the costs associated with plastic surgery and determine whether you can afford it right now.
- Browse aesthetic plastic surgeons near you using our find a surgeon feature.
- Ask questions using our ask a surgeon feature.
- Decide whether plastic surgery is right for you.
Getting Started Checklist