What is dermabrasion?
Dermabrasion, also known as dermaplaning or dermablading, is a non-surgical procedure that treats wrinkles, acne scars and other skin blemishes.
Why get dermabrasion?
Aging, drinking, smoking, sun exposure, and genetics can cause facial lines and skin damage. If you want to minimize the surface wrinkles, sun damage, and blemishes on your face and are looking for a less invasive option than a facelift, dermabrasion may be right for you.
Dermabrasion is a great option if you have any of the below concerns:
- You have fine lines around your eyes, nose, mouth, or cheeks
- You are frustrated with signs of aging that make you look older than you feel
- You have small facial scars caused by acne, chickenpox or a previous injury
- You have brown spots or blotches on the skin
- You have sun damage spots on your skin
Below are some of the benefits of dermabrasion:
- Reduce the appearance of scars, wrinkles and skin spots
- Give your skin a smoother and more youthful appearance
- Maintain healthy, clear skin
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting dermabrasion?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- You need to be in good general health.
- Dermabrasion is less invasive than a facelift but more intensive than microdermabrasion and light chemical peels.
- There are no age restrictions for this procedure.
- Some dermabrasion treatments may have a bleaching effect.
- This treatment can cause skin irritation or scarring, a change in skin color and sun sensitivity.
- Your recovery time will vary depending on the depth and extent of your treatment.