What is a thigh lift?
A thigh lift (thighplasty) is an aesthetic procedure that excess skin and fat from the inner and/or outer thighs.
Why get a thigh lift?
If you have loose, flabby skin on your thighs that does not improve with diet or exercise, a thigh lift may be right for you.
A thigh lift is a great option if:
- You had bariatric surgery or massive weight loss.
- You have unwanted loose, flabby skin on your thighs.
- Aging has led to sagging, cellulite, and loose skin on your thighs.
- Clothes do not fit properly because of your heavy thighs.
Below are some of the benefits of a thigh lift:
- Remove excess fat or skin from your thighs
- Tighten loose and sagging skin on your thighs
- Get firmer and more youthful-looking thighs
- Achieve a more shapely and proportional body
- Look better in clothes
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting a thigh lift?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- You need to be in overall good health.
- You can’t smoke. Smoking slows down the healing process and increases the risk of serious complications during and after surgery. If you smoke, you must quit before surgery.
- There may be visible scarring.
- Your surgeon may pair a thigh lift with liposuction to achieve your ideal results; however, the skin may appear deflated where fat has been removed by liposuction.
- A secondary procedure may be required to correct any unevenness or bumps.
- Weight gain following thighplasty may negatively affect your surgery results.
- The recovery time is at least two weeks but may be longer depending on your specific surgery.