What is hair transplantation?
Hair transplantation surgery (hair replacement surgery) is an aesthetic procedure that helps men and women suffering from baldness or thinning hair by transferring hair follicles from an area of the body with an abundance of hair to an area that is lacking hair.
Why get a hair transplantation procedure?
Hair loss, or alopecia, is a common problem that affects both men and women and can be caused by stress, diseases, certain medical treatments, and genetics. If you have permanent hair loss, including thinning hair, bald spots, or a receding hairline, hair transplantation surgery may be right for you.
Below are some of the benefits of hair transplantation:
- Get a permanent solution to hair loss
- Add volume to thinning hair
- Fill in bald spots or a receding hairline
- Reduce or eliminate the need for a hairpiece or wig
- Get you a more youthful look
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting hair transplantation surgery?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- You should be in good general health.
- You should only get hair transplantation if your hair loss is permanent and cannot be treated nonsurgically. You shouldn’t get hair transplantation surgery if your hair loss is a result of medication, stress or medical treatment as your hair may grow back on its own.
- You must have an area of the body with adequate hair growth or follicles that can be used for transplantation.
- It might take months for your hair to start growing in the treated area.
- There is no guarantee that your new hair will be consistent with previous hair growth.
- This treatment may take several months to several years to achieve your desired results, and you may need multiple sessions spanning over one to two years.