What is a clitoral hood reduction?
A clitoral hood reduction is vaginal plastic surgery that removes excess skin covering your clitoris.
Why get a clitoral hood reduction?
If you have excess skin covering your clitoris and it hinders clitoral stimulation and your sexual satisfaction, a clitoral hood reduction may be right for you.
Below are some of the benefits of a clitoral hood reduction:
- Reduce the size and protrusion of the skin covering your clitoris for a more refined contour
- Give your vagina a more proportionate appearance
- Increase your sexual satisfaction
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting clitoral hood reduction?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- You need to be in good general health.
- You may need some time to adjust to the new sensations resulting from your more exposed clitoris.
- Bleeding or infection might occur.
- Removing too much or too little skin can affect the level of sensitivity you have and sexual function.
- The recovery time is around a week, but you may not be able to engage in vigorous physical activities or sexual intercourse for up to a month.