How do I prepare for a filler injection?
Your surgeon will provide thorough pretreatment instructions and answer any questions you have.
In advance of your treatment, your surgeon may ask you to:
- Stop smoking before undergoing surgery to promote better healing.
- Hydrate before and after surgery for safe recovery.
- Refrain from taking aspirin, ibuprofen, vitamin E, St. John’s Wort, and any other medications that could cause bruising.
- Take Valtrex as a precaution if you have a history of cold sores.
What can I expect the day of my filler injections?
Be sure to consult with your surgeon before your treatment so you have the most accurate expectations.
- You will likely have your filler injections in an office treatment room.
- Most filler injections take about thirty minutes to complete but may take longer depending on the number of injections.
- You will be ready to drive home after the procedure.