How long does it take to recover from fillers?
One of the most enticing features of soft tissue fillers is their minimal recovery time. Your surgeon will give you instructions to follow after your treatment, including information about:
- Typical symptoms you may experience
- Potential signs of complications
What can I expect right after a filler injection?
- You will likely see the results of your injections immediately following the procedure, though it’s not uncommon for patients to experience swelling or minimal bruising in the area of the injection site.
- Your surgeon may give you an ice pack or cold compress to help reduce swelling. The period of swelling will depend largely on the type of filler you receive, though most swelling, bruising, and redness should dissipate within one week to ten days.
- Your surgeon may advise you to avoid wearing hats and only use small amounts of makeup.
- If you have extreme or long-lasting swelling, redness, or bruising, contact your surgeon.