How do I find a surgeon I can trust?
It’s important to consider the following when choosing your aesthetic plastic surgeon:
- Does the surgeon have the proper education, training, and certification?
- Does the surgeon have experience with eyelash enhancements?
- What is your comfort level with him or her?
- Are they a member of The Aesthetic Society?
Members of The Aesthetic Society have the education, experience, and certifications required to help you with your treatment, and many of our members specialize in eyelash enhancement. Find a Surgeon Near You
Even though eyelash enhancements are non-surgical treatments that you can do at home, it’s still important that you find a qualified aesthetic surgeon you trust to guide you down the safest and most effective path. After you find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who has experience with eyelash enhancement, you will need to set up your consultation.
What can I expect during a consultation?
During your initial consultation, you will have the opportunity to discuss your aesthetic goals. Your surgeon will evaluate whether you are a good candidate for an eyelash enhancement and clarify what it can do for you.
Your surgeon will talk to you about what products they offer, outline their effectiveness and safety, and recommend a treatment plan. If there is another product or method that could help your particular situation, your surgeon will recommend it (see other related procedures).
You should come to the consultation prepared to discuss your complete medical history, such as:
- Previous surgeries
- Past and present medical conditions
- Allergies and current medications
What questions should I ask my aesthetic plastic surgeon about my eyelash enhancement treatment?
It’s important that you take an active role in your treatment, so please use this list of questions as a starting point for your initial consultation.
- Am I a good candidate for eyelash enhancement?
- Are the results I am seeking reasonable and realistic?
- Do you have eyelash enhancement before and after photos that I can see?
- What will be the costs associated with my eyelash enhancement?
- What will you expect of me to get the best results?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my treatment?
- What are my options if the outcome of my eyelash enhancement does not meet the goals we agreed on?
What happens after the consultation?
Based on your goals, physical characteristics, and your surgeon’s training and experience, your aesthetic plastic surgeon will share recommendations and information with you, including:
- An approach to your treatment, including the proper use of the product, how to apply it safely and the frequency of application for optimal effectiveness
- The outcomes you can anticipate
- The financial investment required
- Associated risks and complications
- Before and after photos of cases similar to yours
- Answers to any of your questions
Once you’ve done your research and completed your consultation, you should be able to make an educated decision on whether eyelash enhancement is right for you. If you still aren’t sure how to proceed, you should feel empowered to ask follow-up questions or set up a consultation with a different surgeon. You can also ask one of our board-certified aesthetic plastic surgeons a question using our Ask a Surgeon feature.