How do I prepare for my eyelash enhancement treatment?
You need to talk to your aesthetic plastic surgeon about the pros and cons of eyelash enhancements, listen to your surgeon’s instructions, and carefully read the directions that accompany your eyelash enhancer product.
Where can I buy eyelash enhancement products?
You can get eyelash enhancer serums on the internet, at your local drugstore or department store, by prescription (Latisse, the first FDA-approved prescription drug) and through your aesthetic plastic surgeon's office.
Why would I buy these products through an aesthetic plastic surgeon when I can order them on the internet?
Safety, effectiveness, and truth in advertising are all reasons for buying these products through your surgeon's office. Because these serums are sold as cosmetics, they don't have to undergo the same testing as drugs.
Your aesthetic plastic surgeon can help you ensure the product you get is good for you. Your surgeon will only offer products that he or she believes will safely deliver the natural-looking results you desire.
Eyelash enhancers are expensive and you want to make the best choice. It is also important that the product you purchase has the right active ingredient in the proper concentration to produce results. Your surgeon will also provide you with important information about the limitations and risks of these products and explain the directions to avoid potential complications.
How do I apply my eyelash enhancer?
Be sure to consult with your surgeon and carefully read the product directions to have the most accurate information. Application generally includes the following steps:
- You can apply your eyelash enhancer at home. Usually, you apply eyelash enhancer at night so the product can fully absorb, and irritation is minimal.
- Before applying any product, clean your face and eye area and remove all makeup, dirt, and facial products.
- Remove contacts and false eyelashes or extensions, if you have them.
- Apply the product using a sterile applicator on the upper eyelashes going from the inside out. Do not apply in your eye or to the bottom lashes. Discard the applicator after use.
- Blot any excess serum and continue with the opposite eye with a new sterile applicator.
- Typically, you will apply your enhancer every day, however your application frequency will depend on the brand.
- To get the best results, use consistently and as directed.