What are the risks associated with a cellulite treatment?
Fortunately, significant complications from cellulite treatments are infrequent. You should discuss the risks and potential complications with your aesthetic plastic surgeon during your consultation.
All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Some of the potential complications of all surgeries are:
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia
- Hematoma or seroma (an accumulation of blood or fluid under the skin that may require removal)
- Infection and bleeding
- Changes in sensation
- Allergic reactions
- Damage to underlying structures
- Unsatisfactory results that may necessitate additional procedures
Other risks specific to cellulite treatments are:
- Bruising and swelling in treatment areas
- Small amounts of fluid leaking from incision sites
You can help minimize cellulite treatment risks by following your board-certified aesthetic plastic surgeon’s advice and instructions before and after your treatment.