How long does it take to recover from a cellulite treatment?
It typically takes a few days to recover from a cellulite treatment. Your surgeon will let you know how long it will be before you can return to your normal level of activity and work. Your surgeon will also give you and your caregiver detailed instructions about your postoperative care after your treatment, including information about:
- Drains, if they have been placed
- Typical symptoms you will experience
- Potential signs of complications
It is vital that you follow all the patient care instructions your surgeon provides. It is also important to know that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals.
What can I expect immediately after my cellulite treatment?
- You'll probably have some bruising, swelling, numbness, mild discomfort, and small amounts of fluid may leak from your incision sites (if you had incisions).
- You should be able to return to normal activities within a day or two.
What can I expect during the first few weeks of my cellulite treatment recovery?
- Your surgeon may instruct that you wear compression garments for two to three weeks after your treatment.
- You should be able to resume more strenuous activity and exercise after one to two weeks.