What are my options?
There are several techniques for reshaping the outer appearance of your vagina that determine the incision locations and resulting scars. Talk to your aesthetic plastic surgeon about the areas you would like to correct or enhance, and your surgeon will recommend the treatment or combination of treatments that are best for you.
How is a labiaplasty procedure performed?
Below is a general sense of what to expect when getting labiaplasty surgery; however, the procedure steps may vary depending on the surgical technique (trim or wedge) that you and your aesthetic plastic surgeon decide on.
- A labiaplasty focuses on your vagina’s outer appearance, specifically the inner vaginal lips (labia minora). It can also include surgery on the clitoral hood and/or be combined with surgery on the internal vaginal wall
- A labiaplasty is a surgical procedure performed either in an operating room setting or an office-based surgical suite under local anesthesia or general anesthesia.
- Your surgeon will carefully measure the excessive areas and compare them for symmetry.
- With a labia minora reduction, your surgeon removes redundant tissue along the ruffled edge, reducing the size and protrusion of your inner vaginal lips.
- Your surgeon then closes the tissue using dissolvable stitches.