How long does it take to recover from labiaplasty surgery?
Your surgeon will let you know how long it will be before you can return to your normal level of activity and work. Your surgeon will give you and your caregiver detailed instructions about your postoperative care after your surgery, including information about:
- Typical symptoms you will experience
- Potential signs of complications
It is vital that you follow all the patient care instructions your surgeon provides. It is also important to know that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals.
What can I expect during my labiaplasty recovery?
- You may have some bruising, swelling, or temporary numbness in the initial postoperative period.
- You may be instructed on bathroom hygiene for the postoperative period.
- You may also experience minor discomfort, which you can control with medication.
- You may be able to return to work within five to seven days, depending on the extent of your surgery and your activity level.
- You should refrain from engaging in sexual intercourse for up to eight weeks so your body can heal. You should also avoid soaking tubs, hot tubs, saunas, waxing, and shaving until you are fully healed.
- Most sutures will dissolve in about six to eight weeks.