How do I prepare for nonsurgical fat reduction treatment?
Your surgeon will provide thorough pretreatment instructions and answer any questions you may have.
In advance of your procedure, your surgeon may ask you to:
- Stop smoking before undergoing treatment to promote better healing.
- Hydrate before and after your treatment for safe recovery.
Nonsurgical fat reduction is usually an outpatient procedure. It is generally unnecessary for someone to drive you home after your treatment, but you should ask your surgeon.
What can I expect the day of my nonsurgical fat reduction?
Be sure to consult with your surgeon before your treatment so you have the most accurate expectations.
- You may have your nonsurgical fat reduction procedure in an office-based surgical suite.
- Most nonsurgical fat reduction procedures take less than an hour to complete but may take longer depending on the number of treatment areas.
- The surgeon will administer medications for your comfort during the procedure.
- Your surgeon will follow the treatment plan discussed with you before your treatment.
You likely can go home immediately after your treatment and resume your normal activities unless you and your surgeon have discussed other post-treatment plans.