How long does it take to recover from nonsurgical fat reduction?
Nonsurgical fat reduction usually requires little, if any, recovery time. For most patients, the procedure is painless, and you can resume full activity immediately. Your surgeon will give you detailed instructions regarding your post-treatment care, including information about:
- Skin care
- Typical symptoms you will experience
- Potential signs of complications
It is important that you follow all the patient care instructions your surgeon provides.
What can I expect during my nonsurgical fat reduction recovery?
- You may notice temporary skin redness, swelling, and numbness of the treated area, but these side-effects usually resolve quickly.
- If you have a large treatment area, you may benefit from oral pain medication.
- You should be able to return to work and resume normal activity right away.
- You'll see a noticeable fat reduction in the treated areas within one to two months following your procedure.
- You may need multiple treatments to obtain your ideal results.