What are the risks associated with skin tightening?
Fortunately, complications from skin tightening are infrequent. You should discuss the risks and potential complications with your aesthetic plastic surgeon during your consultation.
All procedures have some degree of risk. Some of the potential complications of all nonsurgical procedures are:
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia, if applicable
- Changes in sensation
- Contour irregularities
- Allergic reactions
- Damage to underlying structures
- Unsatisfactory results that may necessitate additional procedures
Other risks specific to skin tightening are:
- Sun sensitivity
- Small burns
- Skin reddening, swelling, and numbness of the treatment area(s)
- Pigment (skin color) changes
- Loss of volume beneath the treatment area(s)
You can help minimize skin tightening risks by following your board-certified aesthetic plastic surgeon’s advice and instructions before and after your treatment.