How long does it take to recover from skin tightening?
With nonsurgical skin tightening procedures, your recovery time will be minimal, and you are usually able to resume full activity immediately after treatment. Your surgeon will let you know if there are any immediate restrictions on your activities, and if so, how long it will be before you can return to your normal level of activity.
Your surgeon will also give you detailed instructions about your postoperative care after your treatment, including information about:
- Typical symptoms you will experience
- Potential signs of complications
It is vital that you follow all the patient care instructions your surgeon provides. It is also important to know that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals.
What can I expect during my skin tightening recovery?
- When the anesthesia wears off, you may have some pain. If the pain is extreme or long-lasting, contact your surgeon.
- Depending on the device your surgeon used, you may experience skin reddening, swelling, and numbness in the treatment area(s). Contact your surgeon to find out if your pain, redness, swelling, and numbness are normal or a sign of a possible problem.
- You may notice an immediate improvement in your skin, but your results will become more apparent with time, and in some cases, after multiple treatments.
- Because the natural process of creating new collagen builds over time, you may see continued improvement and contouring for up to six months as new collagen forms.