How long does it take to recover from a permanent makeup procedure?
In most cases, you may return to work and other daily activities immediately following your treatment. Your surgeon will give you detailed instructions about your post-treatment care, including information about:
- Skin care
- Typical symptoms you will experience
- Potential signs of complications
It is vital that you follow all the patient care instructions your surgeon provides.
What can I expect during my permanent makeup recovery?
- It is normal to experience some mild pain or discomfort for up to forty-eight hours after treatment.
- You will have redness and swelling, but it will subside completely within one or two days.
- It is important to keep the area moisturized with ointment for several days as the skin heals.
- If you have continued pain, redness, or swelling, contact your surgeon.
- A crust will eventually form over the entire tattoo, which will fall off after about two weeks.
- You will be able to see the full results in approximately three weeks.
- If you are not happy with the color and shade after a month, you will need to schedule a touch-up.