How long does it take to recover from photorejuvenation?
Your surgeon will let you know how long it will be before you can return to your normal level of activity and work. Your surgeon will also give you detailed instructions about your post-treatment care, including information about:
- Typical symptoms you will experience
- Potential signs of complications
It is vital that you follow all the patient care instructions your surgeon provides. It is also important to know that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals.
What can I expect during my photorejuvenation recovery?
- Immediately following the procedure, you may feel as though you have a sunburn on the treatment area, but this feeling will subside within twenty-four hours.
- Though unlikely, some patients get scabs or blisters after a photorejuvenation treatment. If you experience this, you should not pick at these scabs.
- You should avoid hot water and prolonged sun exposure for up to two days following your procedure.
- Though most physical side effects will subside within forty-eight hours, some patients find that the blemishes on their skin darken for a period of up to two weeks. This is because the skin needs to shed for the results to be visible. Eventually, skin blemishes will fade to a lighter appearance than before the treatment.