What are the risks associated with a neck lift?
Fortunately, significant complications from neck lift surgery are infrequent. You should discuss the risks and potential complications of neck lift surgery with your aesthetic plastic surgeon during your consultation and after your procedure to ensure you are on the right track to recovery.
All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Some of the potential complications of all surgeries are:
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia
- Hematoma or seroma (an accumulation of blood or fluid under the skin that may require removal)
- Infection and bleeding
- Changes in sensation
- Allergic reactions
- Damage to underlying structures
- Unsatisfactory results that may necessitate additional procedures
Other risks specific to neck lift are:
- Numbness and tightness in the neck area, which will usually resolve within a few months
You can help minimize neck lift risks by following the advice and instructions of your board-certified aesthetic plastic surgeon, both before and after your surgery.