How is a neck lift performed, and what are my options?
If you have good skin elasticity and just want to remove excess fat from your neck, you may only need liposuction.
If you have advanced signs of aging and are looking to make more significant enhancements, you will need a more extensive procedure. For a full neck lift, your surgeon will:
- Make incisions under your chin and/or around your ears.
- Tighten the platysma muscle and sew it together (corset platysmaplasty).
- Carefully trim away excess skin and fat.
- Reposition and secure tissue and skin with sutures.
- Place drains before bandaging your wounds (in some cases).
Your surgeon may recommend pairing your neck lift with a facelift to achieve optimal results.