How do I prepare for penis enlargement surgery?
Your surgeon will provide thorough preoperative instructions, answer any questions you may have before your surgery, take a detailed medical history, and perform a physical exam to determine your fitness for surgery.
In advance of your procedure, your surgeon may ask you to:
- Stop smoking before undergoing surgery to promote better healing.
- Avoid taking aspirin, certain anti-inflammatory drugs, and some herbal medications that can cause increased bleeding.
- Hydrate before and after surgery for safe recovery.
Penis enlargement surgery is usually an outpatient procedure. You’ll need to arrange for someone to drive you home after surgery and stay with you at least the first night following surgery.
What can I expect the day of my penis enlargement procedure?
Be sure to consult with your surgeon before your surgery so you have the most accurate expectations.
- You may have your penis enlargement procedure in an accredited hospital, free-standing ambulatory facility, or office-based surgical suite.
- Most penis enlargement procedures take one to one and a half hours to complete but may take longer.
- The surgeon will administer medications for your comfort.
- General anesthesia is common for penis enlargement surgery. In some instances, the surgeon will use local anesthesia or intravenous sedation too.
- For your safety during the surgery, various monitors will be used to check your heart, blood pressure, pulse, and the amount of oxygen circulating in your blood.
- Your surgeon will follow the surgical plan discussed with you before surgery.
- After your surgery, you will go to a recovery area for continued monitoring.
You likely can go home after a short observation period unless you and your aesthetic plastic surgeon agree on an overnight stay or have made other plans for your immediate postoperative recovery.