How do I find a surgeon I can trust?
It’s important to consider the following when choosing your aesthetic plastic surgeon:
- Does the surgeon have the proper education, training, and certification?
- Does the surgeon have extensive experience with nonsurgical vaginal tightening?
- What is your comfort level with him or her?
- Are they a member of The Aesthetic Society?
Members of The Aesthetic Society have the education, experience, and certifications required to perform your aesthetic procedure, and many of our members specialize in nonsurgical vaginal tightening. Find a Surgeon Near You
After you find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area with extensive experience, you will need to set up your consultation.
What can I expect during a consultation?
Generally, because of the in-depth nature of the consultation, there is usually a cost associated with the initial visit.
During your initial consultation, you will have the opportunity to discuss your aesthetic goals. Your surgeon will evaluate whether you are a good candidate for nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation and clarify what the procedure can do for you. Be prepared to describe what changes you’d like so your surgeon can help you choose the right vaginal procedure for you.
Once your surgeon understands your goals and medical condition, your surgeon may recommend alternative and additional treatments (see related procedures).
You should come to the consultation prepared to discuss your complete medical history, such as your:
- Previous surgeries
- Past and present medical conditions
- Allergies and current medications
What questions should I ask my aesthetic plastic surgeon about nonsurgical vaginal tightening?
It’s important that you take an active role in your treatment, so please use this list of questions as a starting point for your initial consultation.
- Am I a good candidate for nonsurgical vaginal tightening?
- Are the results I am seeking reasonable and realistic?
- What combination of procedures do you recommend for me?
- How many nonsurgical vaginal tightening procedures have you performed?
- Where will you perform my nonsurgical vaginal tightening, and how long will it take?
- How many treatment sessions will I need?
- What will be the costs associated with my nonsurgical vaginal tightening?
- What will you expect of me to get the best results?
- What kind of recovery period can I expect, and when can I resume normal activities?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- What are my options if the outcome of my nonsurgical vaginal tightening does not meet the goals we agreed on?
What happens after the consultation?
Based on your goals, physical characteristics, and your surgeon’s training and experience, your aesthetic plastic surgeon will share recommendations and information with you, which may include:
- An approach to your treatment
- The outcomes you can anticipate
- The financial investment required for the procedure
- Associated risks and complications
- Options for procedure location
- What you need to do to prepare
- What you can expect to experience during and after your procedure
- Answers to any of your questions
Once you’ve done your research and completed your consultation, you should be able to make an educated decision on whether nonsurgical vaginal tightening is right for you and whether a surgeon is a good fit. If you still aren’t sure how to proceed, you should feel empowered to ask follow-up questions or set up a consultation with a different surgeon. You can also ask one of our board-certified aesthetic plastic surgeons a question using our Ask a Surgeon feature.