How long does it take to recover from monsplasty surgery?
Your surgeon will let you know how long it will be before you can return to your normal level of activity and work. Your surgeon will give you and your caregiver detailed instructions about your postoperative care after your surgery, including information about:
- Typical symptoms you will experience
- Potential signs of complications
It is vital that you follow all the patient care instructions your surgeon provides. It is also important to know that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals.
What can I expect during my monsplasty recovery?
- You may experience some bruising for two to three weeks and swelling for up to six weeks.
- You may also experience minor discomfort, which you can control with medication.
- You may be tired on the day of your surgery but should be walking around frequently.
- You may be able to return to work within one to two weeks, depending on the extent of your surgery and your activity level.
- You should refrain from engaging in sexual intercourse and avoid strenuous physical activity for about a month so your body can recover.