How is facial rejuvenation performed?
Facial rejuvenation is typically an outpatient procedure. You will need to work closely with your aesthetic plastic surgeon to identify what treatments to get. Then your surgeon will carefully plan and sequence your facial rejuvenation procedures.
- If you choose to use fat transfer for your volume enhancement, your surgeon will start with fat grafting. Your surgeon will remove fat from other areas of your body and transfer it to the deficient regions.
- Depending on the degree of skin laxity (looseness) in your face, your surgeon will make a limited incision (for minimal to moderate laxity) or perform a more extensive facelift. With a facelift, your surgeon lifts and trims skin flaps, removes excess skin, and secures the incisions with sutures.
- The surgeon may also perform eyelid surgery, a brow lift or facial implants if that’s part of your plan.
- After your surgeon closes the incisions, he or she may use laser resurfacing to improve the quality of your skin. This treatment erases wrinkles around your mouth and eyes, eliminates blotchy pigmentation, diminishes the appearance of bags under your eyes, and helps reverse skin damage.
After your heal from your facial rejuvenation surgery, you may need additional refinements. During your follow-up office visits, your surgeon may:
- Inject botulinum toxins in your forehead muscles to smooth your skin, eradicate wrinkles, and provide a brow-lift effect.
- Inject fillers to erase the fine lines around the mouth, add volume to the lips, and fill the folds extending from the nose to the mouth.
- Do another fat transfer to add volume to your lips and camouflage deep lines that run from the corner of your mouth to your jawline (marionette lines).
What are my facial rejuvenation options?
The beauty of facial rejuvenation is you can combine multiple treatments. Your aesthetic plastic surgeon will recommend a combination of procedures tailored to your specific aging problems and concerns. Some facial rejuvenation procedures to consider are:
- Facial Implants
- Brow Lift
- Eyelid Surgery
- Lip Enhancement
- Neck Lift
- Fat Transfer
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Botulinum Toxin
What are the brand names for products used in treatments for facial rejuvenation?
There are a number of fillers and botulinum toxins options. There are also many different brands and types of laser skin resurfacing to choose from, depending on your skin issues.