How long does it take to recover from clitoral hood reduction?
Your surgeon will let you know how long it will be before you can return to your normal level of activity and work. Your surgeon will give you and your caregiver detailed instructions about your postoperative care after your surgery, including information about:
- Typical symptoms you will experience
- Potential signs of complications
It is vital that you follow all the patient care instructions your surgeon provides. It is also important to know that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals.
What can I expect during my clitoral hood reduction recovery?
- You may have some bruising and swelling in the initial postoperative period.
- You may also experience minor discomfort, which you can control with medication.
- You should stay in bed the day of your surgery, and you may be able to return to work within three to five days, depending on the extent of your surgery and your activity level.
- You should refrain from engaging in strenuous exercise and sexual intercourse for about one month. You should also avoid soaking tubs, hot tubs, saunas, waxing, and shaving until you fully heal.