- Who is eligible to use Aesthetic One? Aesthetic One is available to physicians practicing in the United States who utilize breast implant devices. Participants will also be able to add staff after the physician account has been activated.
- How to Sign Up To participate? You can sign up for Aesthetic One at www.aestheticone.com/register. Account activation generally takes 1-2 business days.
- Can my staff use Aesthetic One to help register breast implants? Yes. Once your account has been activated you can add staff to the app via the “Office Accounts” icon on the home screen. You have the ability to give/remove access to staff at any time.
- Do I have to sign any agreements to participate in Aesthetic One? All Aesthetic One participants must sign a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) and a Terms of Service Agreement. These agreements will be signed through the app during your initial login after your account has been activated.
- What is Aesthetic One? Aesthetic One brings the simplicity and efficiency of your mobile device into the OR. This all-in-one HIPAA-compliant platform ensures that all breast implants are properly registered with the manufacturer. It also provides your patients with permanent, on-demand access to their implant details.
- Why should I use Aesthetic One? The goal of Aesthetic One is to streamline the breast implant registration process with the manufacturers and empower patients with the information they need. The app also serves as a HIPAA-compliant communication tool between patients and their physicians with a built-in chat feature.
- How much does it cost to use Aesthetic One? There is no cost to use Aesthetic One.
- Is Aesthetic One HIPAA-Compliant? Yes! All information within Aesthetic One is stored in a HIPAA-compliant cloud account. Information viewed within the app is displayed only at the time it is viewed, meaning nothing is stored on the phone unless downloaded. All messaging is encrypted to meet the latest HIPAA-compliant standards. Aesthetic One also uses biometric validation, face or fingerprint, to provide access to the app.
- Can Aesthetic One be used for all my patients? Aesthetic One can be used to streamline registration for all breast implant patients. The digital intake forms, HIPAA-compliant chat, and HIPAA compliant photo sharing features can be used with any patient that you have invited to download the paired Aesthetic One app.
- Who created Aesthetic One? This app was created by The Aesthetic Society—the world’s leading professional organization of board-certified plastic surgeons. The app is powered by Anzu Medical and made possible by the support of Allergan Aesthetics an AbbVie company.
- What other features are available in Aesthetic One? By participating you’ll gain access to other time saving features at no cost:
- HIPAA-compliant chat - Communicate with patients anytime, anywhere while keeping your mobile number private.
- Digital Intake forms specific for Aesthetic Surgery - Utilize a touchless COVID-19 screening form and intake forms for Aesthetic Surgery
- Scanner for Easy Registration - Auto-populate implant registration forms and submit to the manufacturer via efax with just a few taps.
Scanning & Implant Registration
- How will my patients' breast implants be registered? Each patient's breast implant details will be registered with the manufacturer after you have scanned the implants, provided the Operative Summary details, have reviewed the generated registration form, and tapped the register now icon.
- Which implant manufacturers can I register my breast implants with? You can register breast implants with manufacturers including: Allergan, Mentor, and Sientra.
- What type of labels can I scan and what information is collected? You can scan QR codes and long barcodes for breast implants from Allergan, Mentor, and Sientra. While the app is designed to scan short barcodes, this will not collect the same details that can be generated with the QR code and long barcode which includes the implant size, lot number, etc.
- How is the implant registered? The patient and breast implant details are provided/registered to the manufacturer through efax after you have scanned the implants, provided the operative summary details, have reviewed the generated registration form and tapped the register now icon.
- What is a breast implant card and how does it work? The breast implant ID card provides your patient with the serial number, manufacturer, date of their breast implant surgery and a brief operative summary. Patients can access their ID card at any time through their app by tapping the Document Vault and selecting implants.
Additional App Features
- What does the breast implant scanner do? The scanner will help streamline the implant registration in your office by populating electronic device registration forms and auto-generating an implant ID card for your patient(s). The information collected will be permanently stored within the app for easy access for both you and your patient(s).
- How does the messaging feature work? The messaging feature enables you to privately message with your patient(s) without using your mobile number. Messages can be directed to four categories that can be assigned to staff: Billing, Medical Questions, Office Visits, and Surgery Scheduling. Photos from your camera or photo gallery can also be shared.
- What is the implant library? The implant library allows your office to create and store a digital version of the implant labels and registration forms used for patients.